VIVID: SPECTACLE OPENING NIGHT PARTY AT EMP
Friday, May 16 2014
Friday, May 16, 2014 at EMP Museum
Celebrate the opening of EMP’s newest exhibit, Spectacle: The Music Video by attending an outrageously interactive music video experience.
• OK Go Video Retrospective: See GRAMMY Award winners OK Go present a retrospective of their famously eccentric music videos and discuss their creative process.
• Big Screen Blowout: Prepare for audio visual thrills when EMP’s monumental Sky Church screen is taken over by Seattle’s premier tastemakers including VJs from Sub Pop Records, KEXP, Sync Music Video Festival, Decibel Festival, and World Famous.
• I Want My MTV: 80’s Karaoke Lounge: Time travel to the golden age of music videos with Madonna, A-Ha, Duran Duran, Pat Benatar, and more.
• Behind the Screen: Experience the smoke and mirrors of music video effects, and see filmmakers’ mesmerizing tricks of the trade.
• Spectacle! Live!: Surprise performances will instantly transport you to the heart of some of the most move-inspiring music videos ever produced.
• We’re Gonna Pop Some Tags: Slip on your granddad’s clothes and step into Macklemore’s Thrift Shop video with other partygoers to create the ultimate fanvid.
• Super secret special guests!
Dancing and costumes encouraged. Dress as your favorite music icon or video character. Outfit yourself in primary colors a la OK Go, find inspiration in the original Material Girl, or slap on aviators and a fake moustache to channel the Beastie Boys.
325 5th Avenue N
Seattle, WA 98109
Tickets $25 ($18 EMP members, $12 students)
All ages (bars with valid ID).
Thanks to the VIVID partners:
Glazers, KEXP, Decibel Festival, Sync Music Video Festival, Sub Pop, and NFFTY